AusWeb Privacy Statement
The privacy and security of data of our users is of the highest importance to AUSWEB Web Hosting. AUSWEB is committed to safeguarding the information Users entrust to AUSWEB. To protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures in order to safeguard and secure your data at all times.
Disclosure of Information
Unless we are explicitly obliged or permitted by law to do so, your personal and account data will not be disclosed to third parties.
AUSWEB will not disclose the personal and account data of AUSWEB customers unless AUSWEB has reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to identify, make contact with, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing harm or interfering with the rights or property of AUSWEB, AUSWEB customers, or others, or if AUSWEB is obliged or permitted by law to do so where AUSWEB has a good faith belief that such disclosure is required by law.
AUSWEB also will not, except for reasons stated below, disclose to third parties the contents of any electronic mail or other electronic communications that AUSWEB stores or transmits for it’s customers. The circumstances under which AUSWEB will disclose such electronic customer communications are when: -
1) It is necessary in order to provide service or support to the customer.
2) It is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of AUSWEB and AUSWEB customers.
3) It is required for cooperation with relevant law enforcement agencies under the governance of NSW Law. Such as interception orders, warrants, or other legal processes that AUSWEB determines in it’s sole discretion to be valid and enforceable.
4) It is necessary to provide to a law enforcement agency when the contents are inadvertently or as above obtained by AUSWEB and appear to pertain to criminal activity.
AusWeb regards its clients' information with utmost respect and care. We believe it is important that our clients should have an expectation that the information they provide to AusWeb is held in confidence and is used for internal business only.
1. AusWeb will only collect and store information required for the effective operation of AusWeb and its associated companies as an Internet presence provider.
2. AusWeb will, from time to time, use our customer mailing lists for network updates, system information and general sales information. AusWeb may in the future limit all mailings to those clients who want to participate.
3. Information on customer usage or traffic will be confidential and will not be made known to any individual or company where this information is not required for the operation of AusWeb.
4. Customer passwords are confidential and will not be made available to any person or company outside of AusWeb except to trusted partners who work on behalf of AusWeb in order to provide the subscribed service.
5. Credit information will be held in confidence, however, it will be used in any way possible to aid in the recovery of delinquent or defaulting debtors.
6. All information will be stored as securely as possible while maintaining the ability for authorized AusWeb staff to quickly and effectively access this information when required operational purposes.
7. AusWeb will cooperate with law enforcement personnel and legal investigations of our users. All customer information, however, will be private unless ordered by a court to surrender this information.